Wednesday, March 14, 2012

October 7, 2011

Justin and I woke up early and took a walk since the weather was nice. By nice I mean overcast. :) It had been so hot here and so we finally got a break with a little cooler weather. Anyway, came home, Justin hopped in the shower to get ready for work and I sat down on the sofa to pay bills. Next thing I know, my water broke! My contractions started to be painful immediately and were only a few minutes apart. So we got ready and took off for the hospital. Justin stopped at Einsteins to get me a bagel since we hadn't eaten breakfast yet. I had heard that it was good not to go into labor on an empty stomache because you don't really eat once you get to the hospital. Well, I had already progressed enough to where the food actually made me feel worse(I threw it all up once I got to the hospital). Once we got there, I was checked in and my contractions were steadily increasing. I was able to be put into my labor and delivery room about 45 minutes after I arrived. I called Chelsea and she was able to make it to the hospital- it was so nice having her there. Labor went really well( I had great nurses and Justin was absolutely amazing!) and Emma Pearl Kramer was born at 3:28 pm which was about 8 hours after my water broke. She was 5 pounds, 12 ounces and was 17 3/4 inches long. We had some visitors come including Holly and Chris Foster, John, Carolyn and Gma, Tina, and The Delamater Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment